Recipe from Food’s Greatest Hits Season 1, Episode 14: Campfire Classics
These tasty cookies are made with chocolate chips and crushed potato chips, baked in the oven and rolled out to resemble actual chips.
Ease of Preparation Rating: Easy
Ingredients Serves 6-12
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ bag plain-ridged potato chips, crushed in big pieces
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter, shortening and sugars together. Add the eggs and beat again on a low speed. In a separate bowl add together flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mix and beat. Fold in the crushed potato chips. Keep the dough in the fridge for 24 hours before baking.
- Roll the dough into 2.5cm round balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once the edges are browned, remove and cool the cookies over rolling pins to create a potato chip shape.